Community Groups are all about relationships. When Jesus answered the question, "Which is the most important commandment?" He basically replied, "Love God, Love others." Community Groups provide ongoing opportunities to love God and to love others. ??The mission of ACTS Church is "building bridges to lead people into a loving relationship with Christ and one another". We believe that we can best live out this purpose through Community Groups.
Community Groups are made up of individuals, couples and families who live in geographical proximity to one another. These groups are designed to connect people and to build relationships with God and with one another. This is accomplished through opportunities to learn more about God and His ways, through fun and fellowship and by working together to serve the community, serve the world, serve the church and serve one another through life's journey.
We use the acronym S
to describe the purposes of Community Life Groups. These groups are more than a Bible Study and they are more than a fellowship gathering. Community Life is about growing in relationship with God and with one another and in the midst discovering the meaning and purpose of life as we impact the world around us.
Children are always welcome in Community Groups, as are friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers.
- Spiritual Formation: We learn more about Jesus Christ and His ways through Bible study, sharing, and application. We desire to connect with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Evangelism: We reach out to others in our community with the love of Jesus. We discover as a group how we can make a difference and an impact in the community around us. We desire to connect with our community.
- Recreation: We have fun together, share meals, go to sporting events together, throw parties together, go to Red Rocks together, etc.
- Volunteer: We serve Christ Church together. We help with Sunday Morning Worship, ushers, greeters, set-up, clean-up, hospitality, information tables, etc. We desire to make a difference in our church.
- International Missions: We serve the world with the love of Jesus. We discover as a group how we can make a difference and an impact on the world. We desire to connect with our world.
- Care: We take care of our group members. We share in each other´s struggles and celebrations. We desire to operate as a family and to love one another through life´s journey.
- Extending Compassion: We extend care and compassion to those in need. We identify ways our group can reach out to a hurting world with the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. Community Groups may currently be found throughout the south metro-Denver area. It is our vision that Community Groups will make an impact across the southern C-470 corridor. If you are ready to connect with others in your community, please contact the office at 303.795.9800 or email@example.com