Founded in 1954, Forest Heights Lodge is a non-profit nationally accredited residential treatment facility located in a wooded setting in Evergreen, Colorado. It is ideally situated to provide a therapeutic environment for children who are struggling with emotional, behavioral, academic and social issues. The residential program, which includes an on-grounds school, admits boys between five and fourteen years of age at the time of enrollment. We have 24 boys in residence. Our approach with children is to revitalize their lives through the use of a supportive environment embedded with professional, trained and committed adults. The heart of our philosophy is to make residential treatment a gratifying life experience which enables a child to live successfully in the community with others. The art work above our fireplace mantle says it best: "Life is good, come join us!"
Basic concepts since inception have been:
- Close, personal relationships are what pull children back to the healthy relationships. The child must develop trust in order to grow.
- A child must feel safe to risk both relationships and changing.
- Strength and potential should be emphasized with each child.
- Life should be gratifying.
- Treatment should be a re-education in living.